Number of servings: 8 mains
- 6 eggs
- 5 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 onion diced
- 2 large zucchini grated
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 1 cup corn
- 1cup peas
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Difficulty rating: Easy
- Whisk eggs and flour.
- Add vegetables and mix together.
- Put in a quiche dish lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 40 minutes in a 180oC oven.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Eat leftovers cold for lunch at work or school;
- Serve with a side salad for a healthy meal packed with vitamins and minerals. Salad vegetables are an excellent source of micronutrients which are important for maintaining a healthy body. Serving all meals with a side salad is an easy way to ensure you eat all the vegetables you need for a healthy balanced diet;
- Leave the skin on vegetables so that you get all the fibre. The skin of fruits and vegetables is nutrient rich and contains most of the fibre, an important micronutrient used by the gastrointestinal system for digestion;
- A low fat cheese to the top before baking for a calcium-rich treat. Calcium is an important micronutrient found mainly in dairy products which is used to build healthy teeth and bones. Eating extra calcium is especially important for:
Nutritional analysis per serve:
For more information on nutrition, including information on types and composition of food, nutrition and people, conditions related to nutrition, and diets and recipes, as well as some useful videos and tools, see Nutrition.
For more information on vegetarian diets, see Vegetarian Diets.
|Modified: 11/5/2012||Created: 10/5/2012|
Australia’s leading source for trustworthy medical information written by health professionals.
Please be aware that we do not give advice on your individual medical condition,
Parenting information is available at Parenthub.com.au
|^ Back to Top|