Orange and Avocado Salad
- Mixed salad leaves (try combining bitter and smooth-tasting leaves for a mix of flavours, such as radicchio with spinach, coral leaf)
- 4 oranges
- 3 oranges peeled and cut into slices
- juice of 1/2 an orange
- zest of 1 orange
- 2–3 avocados, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp mustard
- Olive oil (half the amount of orange juice)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: None
Difficulty rating: Easy
- Wash and dry mixed salad leaves. Add the 3 sliced oranges and the sliced avocados.
- To make the dressing, combine the orange juice, zest, olive oil and mustard. Add salt to taste.
- Toss the salad mix with the dressing. Serve immediately.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Energy|| 919 kJ |
|Total fat||17.1 g|
|Saturated fat||2.3 g|
|Total sugars||7.4 g|
|Modified: 22/3/2011||Created: 11/2/2011|
Australia’s leading source for trustworthy medical information written by health professionals.
Please be aware that we do not give advice on your individual medical condition,
Parenting information is available at Parenthub.com.au
|^ Back to Top|