Fennel and Broccoli Soup
Makes 4 servings
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 2 broccoli heads, in pieces
- 1 1/2 fennel bulbs, sliced
- 1/2 fennel bulb, finely sliced, for garnish
- 3 Italian parsley stalks, whole
- 1.5 L vegetable stock
- 1Tbs olive oil
- 1/8 tsp black cracked pepper
- Fry onion in olive oil on medium heat for 2–3 minutes until softened.
- Stir through celery and garlic and fry for 1 minute.
- Stir through fennel, broccoli and cracked pepper. Add stock and bring to the boil. Once boiled, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5–10 minutes.
- Once soup has cooled, blend until smooth and creamy.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Difficulty rating: Easy
- Serve with croutons or fresh crusty bread.
- For a creamy finish, serve with a drizzle of cream.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Total fat||2.0 g|
|Saturated fat||0.4 g|
|Total sugars||4.8 g|
For more information on nutrition, including information on types and composition of food, nutrition and people, conditions related to nutrition, and diets and recipes, as well as some useful videos and tools, see Nutrition.
|Modified: 25/8/2011||Created: 25/8/2011|
Australia’s leading source for trustworthy medical information written by health professionals.
Please be aware that we do not give advice on your individual medical condition,
Parenting information is available at Parenthub.com.au
|^ Back to Top|