- 2 medium (500 grams) eggplants
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- ½ cup of continental parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste (or 20 grams dry roasted sesame seeds)
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prick the eggplants with a fork and dry bake for 30 minutes or until soft;
- Allow the eggplants to cool. Peel and roughly chop them;
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and whizz briefly until you achieve the desired consistency. You can make the dip completely smooth or leave it chunky as you prefer;
- Pour the dip into a serving bowl and chill to serve.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Difficulty rating: Easy
- Serve with fresh wholegrain bread for a light and healthy lunch that’s high in fibre. Fibre is an important micronutrient which is used by the gastrointestinal system to digest food;
- Serve with a green salad for a meal that provides loads of vitamins and minerals to keep your body healthy;
- Serve as a snack with vegetable sticks or crackers at you next party;
- Serve on a dip and salad platter, for example with Cucumber, yoghurt and mint salad.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
For more information on nutrition, including information on types and composition of food, nutrition and people, conditions related to nutrition, and diets and recipes, as well as some useful videos and tools, see Nutrition.
|Modified: 7/5/2012||Created: 20/4/2012|
Australia’s leading source for trustworthy medical information written by health professionals.
Please be aware that we do not give advice on your individual medical condition,
Parenting information is available at Parenthub.com.au
|^ Back to Top|