- 1 cup self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- Large handful walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 large carrots, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a medium sized cake tin.
- Grate carrots.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix butter and sugar in a separate bowl. Add eggs. Fold in carrots, raisins and walnuts.
- Combine with dry ingredients and mix.
- Pour into cake tin and cook for 30-40 mins.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
Difficulty rating: Easy
- Prepare grated carrots in food processor to save time.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Energy|| 1125 kJ |
|Total fat||11.7 g|
|Saturated fat||2.6 g|
|Total sugars||21.3 g|
|Modified: 24/3/2011||Created: 4/3/2011|
Australia’s leading source for trustworthy medical information written by health professionals.
Please be aware that we do not give advice on your individual medical condition,
Parenting information is available at Parenthub.com.au
|^ Back to Top|