BBQ Chilli Lime Oz Prawns
- 20 large local Aussie green prawns (1 kg)
- 2 limes, halved
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 60 g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 small red chillies
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Mix the lime juice, butter, fish sauce, chillies and sugar in a large bowl.
- Peel and de-vein the prawns
- Add prawns to the marinade.
- Cook prawns for 2–3 minutes on the BBQ.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Difficulty rating: Easy
- This recipe is great with a mixed leaf salad. Salad will provide lots of extra vitamins and minerals which are important for maintaining healthy skin, eyes and sperm and maintaining good general health. Adding a salad to every meal is a great way to improve your diet.
- Take care when preparing raw prawns as they can cause food poisoning if they come into contact with raw foods like salad.
- Substitute butter for olive oil for a heart-friendly option. Olive oil has less saturated fats than butter and is therefore lower in cholesterol.
This recipe was designed by Andrew from Parafield Gardens, SA.
Nutritional analysis per serve:
|Energy||1467.40 kJ |
For more information on nutrition, including information on types and composition of food, nutrition and people, conditions related to nutrition, and diets and recipes, as well as some useful videos and tools, see Nutrition.
For more information on gluten-free diets, see Gluten-Free Diet.
|Modified: 20/4/2011||Created: 25/3/2011|
Australia’s leading source for trustworthy medical information written by health professionals.
Please be aware that we do not give advice on your individual medical condition,
Parenting information is available at Parenthub.com.au
|^ Back to Top|