Generic Name: Iron polymaltose complex
Product Name: Ferrum H
- Indication of Ferrum H
- Action of Ferrum H
- Dose advice of Ferrum H
- Schedule of Ferrum H
- Common side effects of Ferrum H
- Uncommon side effects of Ferrum H
Indication of Ferrum H:Ferrum H is used to treat iron deficiency. It is used when giving an iron dose by mouth is impractical.
Action of Ferrum H:Ferrum H contains an iron supplement. It contains a form of iron that the body uses to function properly. The body is also able to from iron reserves.
Dose advice of Ferrum H:Ferrum H is only available via prescription from a doctor.It is injected into a muscle using a specific method. It can also be administered intravenously which is done in a hospital.The dose varies depending on individual iron and haemoglobin levels.
Schedule of Ferrum H:Ferrum H is a schedule 4 drug (prescription only medicine)2
Common side effects of Ferrum H:All medicines have side effects. Some side effects can be serious, but the most common ones are mild. There are not many common side effects with the use of Ferrum H. However, consult your doctor if you experience any unusual symptoms.
Uncommon side effects of Ferrum H:These are some side effects that occur in less than 1% of patients and are uncommon. Do not be alarmed by this list, they are uncommon side effects and a patient will not necessarily experience any of these:
- Inflammation, pain and discolouration at the injection site
- Nausea and vomiting
- Change in taste
- Joint Pain
- Muscle Pain
- Chest pain
- Allergic reactions (anaphylaxis)
- Australian Medicines Handbook. Ferrum H. [Monograph online]AMH Pty Ltd 2007. [Cited October 23rd , 2007] http://www.amh.net.au
- Ferrum H. MIMS Online. [Monograph online] MIMS Australia Pty Ltd 2007. [Cited October 23rd, 2007] http://www.mims/com.au
- Lazo, J, Gilman A, Brunton L, Parker K. Goodman & Gilman's the pharmacological basis of therapeutics.11th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2005
Diseases treated by Ferrum H:
For further information talk to your doctor.
|Modified: 2/11/2007||Reviewed: 26/10/2007||Created: 22/7/2003|
List Drugs by Medical Area
Australia’s leading source for trustworthy medical information written by health professionals.
Please be aware that we do not give advice on your individual medical condition,
Parenting information is available at Parenthub.com.au
|^ Back to Top|